Sculpture: Constance, Countess Grosvenor

Record number: CHEGM: 1992 11

Description: 'Constance, Countess Grosvenor' by Alexander Munro (1825-1871), low-relief plaster medallion, c.1852. Lady Constance Leveson-Gower (1834-1880) was the daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Sutherland, early patrons of the Pre-Raphaelite sculptor Alexander Munro. In 1852 Constance married Hugh Lupus, Earl Grosvenor, who became 1st Duke of Westminster in 1874. Purchased with help from the V&A Purchase Grant Fund and Pilgrim Trust.

Creator: Alexander Munro (1825 - 1871)

Date: circa1852

Period: 19th century, mid

Dimensions: height 53.2 cm; width 40.6 cm


  • Grosvenor Museum logo
  • Chester West and Chester logo
  • Weaver Hall logo

Cheshire West and Chester Council 2013